CGI view of Phase 1 proposals
HAVE YOUR SAY
Welcome to our website on the emerging proposals for Huawei in Sawston.
Huawei is seeking to develop a state-of-the-art research and development and small scale semi-conductor manufacturing centre at the former Spicers site in Sawston, South Cambridgeshire
The proposals will:
- Provide hundreds of millions of pounds of investment into the delivery of the development;
- Create circa 350 full-time and part-time jobs which will be open for local people to apply for, covering a range of disciplines and skill levels;
- Create additional jobs during the construction period;
- Generate a significant boost to the wider economy, with every new job in the development creating further valuable jobs elsewhere including with local firms in the district; and
- Consider how the development can contribute to improving connectivity in the local area.
Thank you for attending our public exhibition in April. We would now like to invite neighbours, local stakeholders and the wider community to share their thoughts and feedback before an application is submitted to South Cambridgeshire District Council.
To download an electronic copy of the exhibition boards used at the public exhibition please click here.
To leave feedback on the proposals for Huawei please complete the form below.